Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Impressions

I once took a course on communication in college and the professor told us that it only takes 17 seconds to make an impression that will last a lifetime. As we are going about our day-to-day business, I think it is hard for people to remember the importance of first impressions. We get in a hurry, have an agenda on our mind, and often are too wrapped up in our personal business to care what others think.

I can honestly say that our teachers are different. As I walk the hallways in the morning, they are at their doors welcoming students into their classrooms. They start up small conversations to get the students excited about being at school and interested in the lessons for the day. The cafeteria and gym are filled with staff members welcoming parents and students to Pecan Creek.

As I realize that it is their job, I can attest to the fact that the faculty and staff at Pecan Creek Elementary is one of the most caring group of people I have ever encountered. They genuinely care about each and every one of our 700 students. They put everything else aside to ensure that our students start off with their best foot forward every single day.

I want to say "thank you" to all of our wonderful faculty and staff members who remember that first impressions are key. You all are difference makers and I am so proud to be a Pecan Creek Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment