Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Thoughts

One of the things I love most about going to graduate school is listening to fellow educators and leaders. I am renewed in my passion for public education. The media continually posts negative things about public education - they look for anything and everything going wrong. I can tell you that there are 100 times more positive things than negative happening on campuses!

I am sitting with educators from Cedar Hill ISD, Grapevine Colleyville ISD, Wylie ISD, Lewisville ISD, Dallas ISD, and Arlington ISD, to  name a few. The stories that they have shared about their district successes are amazing. I am here to tell you that public schools are achieving more, with less, with each passing year. Our kids in Texas are so lucky to have passionate, caring educators advocating for them and their futures.

I say "Way to go, public educators!". We are making a difference. Don't listen to the naysayers; just take a minute to think about the wonderful kids in your school and do not hesitate to share your success stories with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment